The Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist are pleased to announce that Mr. Edmund Miller and Dr. Monica Migliorno Miller will be our 2013 Medal of St. Dominic recipients.
Both Edmund and Monica, individually, are worthy of this award based on their tireless and sacrificial efforts on behalf of the unborn. Here are just a few examples of what they’ve done to uphold the sanctity of life:
- Edmund and Monica have both been involved in sidewalk counseling at abortion clinics for decades, helping women who feel they have no choice to choose life.
- Edmund co-founded an organization called Guadalupe Partners, which helps women choose life and "rediscover and re-affirm her innate dignity."
- Edmund helps his 7th and 8th grade students at SSA understand the sanctity of life by taking them to abortion clinics to pray and by the witness of his pro-life work.
- Monica founded Citizens for a Pro-Life Society , a pro-life activist group, in 1986. She has organized sit-ins at abortion clinics as well as protests against political, social, and business initiatives which stand in opposition to life.
- In response to the HHS Mandate, Monica was instrumental in initiating the Stand Up for Religious Freedom Rallies which have taken hold across the nation.
- Monica has authored several books and articles, including her recently published book,Abandoned: The Untold Story of the Abortion Wars, the story of one woman's staunch and courageous defense of those children abandoned by abortion.